3/12/2010

The Little Things...

There are times when being a mom is tough.  Last night was one of those times for me.  Kinley was in a mood and not a good one!  She refused to take a nap even though she needed it, refused to eat dinner when it was served, and pitched a fit after we got a shower over her pj's.  All of this led up to a stint in the naughty spot and a crying spell.  Normally Kinley is my good eater, calm, and loves to get a shower but last night was different.  After spending her time in the naughty spot she told me she was hungry and wanted to finish her dinner.  As I replinished her sweet tea she said the sweetest thing to me it went like this:

K:  It must be hard being a mommy
Me: You said it sister!
K: How did you get so good at it mommy?
Me:  (aww...sniff) I don't know sweetie...
K: I love you mommy....thanks for my tea
Me:  I love you too noodle...
K: If I eat all of my green beans can I have ice cream?
Me: No, sweetie it is almost bed time and you don't need ice cream this late
K: Oh, ok...maybe tomorrow right?
Me: Probably!

The entire drama queen moments that led up to that little conversation vanished.  I began to wonder how just a few words from an almost 5 year old could make my heart grow so much.  God has truly blessed me and I thank Him everyday.  Hug your kids!!!

No comments: